ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Civil Engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. Civil engineering is the oldest engineering discipline & it takes place on all levels: in the public sector from municipal to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners to international companies. Civil Engineering is concerned with the overall interface of human created fixed projects with the greater world. Civil Engineers are most aspired by leading manufacturing groups for Turnkey Projects, thus establishing great career opportunities for Civil Engineers in India & abroad. Arya group of college being the best engineering in college in Jaipur, Rajasthan provides the huge research platform to its student for their better growth and development
VISION AND MISSION:
To develop a department of academic excellence by producing competent civil engineers to meet the challenges in field and provide satisfaction to the stakeholders.
- To provide sound knowledge in the area of civil engineering through effective pedagogy.
- To serve the society and the nation by providing competent civil engineers, keen to apply knowledge and accept new challenges in rapidly changing technology to the satisfaction of stakeholders.
- To create an environment that supports competent professionals to design and develop civil engineering systems and contribute towards research and development activities.
- To provide ample opportunities to the staff for up-keeping their knowledge and skills in civil engineering and related areas.
MESSAGE BY HOD:
Department of Civil Engineering always strives to provide necessary support system to enable its students to become great scholars, scientists, engineers, leaders, and, above all, complete persons. We would like our teachers to be role models as truth-seekers and torchbearers leading our students to learn not only what is known but also explore the hidden treasures and discover and disseminate knowledge that would enrich the humankind.
- To establish centers of excellence in various fields of Civil Engineering.
- To encourage faculty members to take-up R&D and consultancy projects in the area of Civil Engineering.
- To train faculty members in the advanced Civil Engineering and Technology.
- To prepare students for successful careers and lifelong learning in Civil engineering with strong professional ethics and behaviour.
- To ensure effective teaching and learning process and quality research.
- To encourage innovations, product design and new technologies.
EDUCATION TRAINING PARTNER:
The students of Civil Engineering Department have been excellent work in successfully building projects; a few are as follow:
- Use of Fly Ash bricks
- Construction of Open air theater
- Rain Water Harvesting System at Lobby
- Underground water tank construction
- Truss on open air theater
- ULTRA TECH CEMENT
- VANSH CONSTRUCTION
- TECH MAHINDRA
INDUSTRIAL TOURS & TRAININGS:
- Internships and trainings are mandatory in VI semesters of 60 days.
- Visit on RMC plant of LAFARZ cement
- Survey Camp at Chandwaji Hills
Students have participated in various workshops& technical events held throughout the country including
- Winner in Bridge competition at IIT Bombay
- Winner in Bridge competition at IIT Bhuvneshwar
- Participated in Bridge competition at IIT BHU
- Participated in Mix Design Concrete Workshop at Wonder Cement
- Our students started start up “Urban Brick Wall”
The department has following well- equipped laboratories that offer more that the prescribed practical needs as per RTU Curriculum:
|UTM Lab||Civil Engineering Material & Geology Lab||Building Planning & Design|
|Fluid Mechanics Lab||Material Testing Lab||Concrete Lab|
|Hydraulic Lab||Surveying Lab||Building Planning & Design|
|Design of Concrete Structures||Design of Steel Structures||Structural Engineering Lab|
|Matrix Methods of Structural Analysis||Environmental Engg. Design & Lab||Road Materials Testing Lab|
|Geotechnical Engineering Design & Lab||Water Resources Engineering Design||Computer Aided Building Design|
|Practical Training and Industrial Visit||Professional Practice and Estimating||Design of Foundations|